Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Snow White, Dry Nails, Kim K

"Prince" Armie Hammer in "Mirror"
Snow Battle: In the fight of the "Evil Queens" - Julia Roberts vs. Charlize Theron - the Oscar winners have just had their "Snow White" themed trailers released.  Theron's "Snow White & the Huntsman," seems more serious fare with Kristin Stewart and Chris "Thor" Hemsworth (swoon) in a darker take on the fairy tale.  Mrs. Roberts-Moder is clearly going the comedy route with Nathan Lane as her loyal servant and uber hot Armie Hammer as the Prince in "Mirror Mirror."  They both seem interesting.  I think Theron's will be better/edgier, but Roberts' will get the family box office dollars....  Recent flicks I loved: the docu "Being Elmo," about the man behind the red Muppet and Almodovar's "The Skin I Live In," a dark, sinister, creepy, telenovela-like, outlandish drama that gets an "A+" from me....  I still want to see "J Edgar," but the reviews were just okay, seemingly stalling it's Oscar thrust.  I hope to take in "The Descendants" this weekend - a dramedy from the "Sideways" director about a widowed George Clooney discovering his deceased wife was a cheater.  Something tells me, I'll be taking it in solo while Greg is in another theatre seeing the new "Twilight."  Nope, I don't do those.... FlashBack Jam: The System's "Don't Disturb This Groove."  I was obsessed with this tune in '87, which hit #4 on the Pop charts and #1 R&B.  It was essentially their only smash hit with a few other minor charted tracks.  Trivia: half of the duo, David Frank, wrote Christina's "Genie In A Bottle," and the classic 2000 ditty, Dream's "He Loves You Not".... With "Glee" off it's season-one game and hitting some record lows, I bet those "kids" (Lea Michele) who were rumored to have been exiting the series at the end of this season, wish the rumors were true.  Another one seemingly begging for cancelation is Blake Lively on "Gossip Girl." She's segued nicely into features ("The Town") and is still a tabloid darling, so I sense the series low ratings on "GG" are providing negotiations for her exit, should the CW give it life support.... Dry Season: So obsessed with this new find - The Body Shop's Almond Nail & Cuticle Oil. It's a lil' brush that distributes much-needed moisture to dry, ugly cuticles....  People Mag names Bradley Cooper Sexiest Man Alive.  I swore it was Ryan Gosling's year and while I think Cooper's good choice, Ryry had a better year....  Damage Control: Do I think the now defunct marriage of Kim Kardasian has damaged the "brand." Yes.  Is it fixable? Yes.  Seemingly devoid of any talent, the one great thing she and her handlers have done right is the "business model" of branding of scents and fashions.  The TV show could end tomorrow and her "products" could still rake in millions. (See: Jessica Simpson). However, the sit-down, mea-culpa needs to happen.  She has NO excuse that this is private matter - not when you have wedding TV specials and major media coverage "deals."  I suggest a Katie Couric scoop via her new ABC digs or keep it in the E! family and have Seacrest do it.... Showtime's "Homeland," is still the best on TV right now.... Didja Know!?  I'm nominated for Best Male Cabaret act via Broadway World.  I'd love it if you'd vote for me and Randall Phillips (Best Female). Use multi-e-mail addresses to vote often. It's quite an honor and we deeply appreciate it!  Here's a lil' concert clip.  So vote away and be Just Like Jerry!  

No comments:

Post a Comment