Thursday, September 15, 2011

Emmy Predictions, Ringer Thoughts & ONJ

Mad Men's Hendricks with her Golden Globes
The Emmy's air this Sunday on Fox at 8PM!  Yes, we in LA get a tape delay. Urgh!  My thoughts: Best Comedy (Will win/Should Win) - Modern Family. I expect Parks & Rec to take it eventually though.  Best Comedy Actress (Will win) Laura Linney; (Should win) Amy Poehler - She's the only one here who really made me LOL. Comedy Actor (Will win/Should win) Steve Carell - Uhm, he never has. He's leaving. And he's deserved it over champ, Alec Baldwin, at least once before. Comedy Supporting Actress (Will win/Should win) - Sofia Vergara (Mod Fam). I would not be upset if "never-won" Jane Krakowski (30 Rock) won but she should have taken this 2 years ago already. If Betty White snags it, it'll be the evening's upset. I love her dearly but, she doesn't deserve it up against this competition.  Comedy Supporting Actor (Will win/Should win) -  Ed O'Neil, never nom'd, deserves it as the patriarch on Mod Fam.  Ty Burrell is very deserving too though.... Best Drama (Will win) Boardwalk Empire (which I don't watch). (Should win) Friday Night Lights, though it'll never happen.  Drama Best Actress - (Should win) Connie Britton for Friday Night Lights. If you've seen the show, I offer no explanation.  She is underrated, overlooked and overdue. (Will win) - Julianna Margulies will likely snatch it again - and she is indeed wonderful, but I heart Connie.  Drama Best Actor - (Should win) - Kyle Chandler for Friday Night Lights. Read what I said about Connie. Ditto here. (Will win) - Steve Buscemi for "Boardwalk" will likely take it because the show swept the Creative Emmy's this week.  But Jon Hamm has yet to take one.  Drama Supporting Actor will be Alan Cumming (The Good Wife), but I think co-star Josh Charles should win, because his role was beefier this year. Drama Supporting Actress will likely be surprise Good Wife winner from last year, Archie Panjabi, though I'd like to see Man Men lady, Christina Hendricks nab it.  The "movie" categories don't interest me much, but expect Mildred Pierce and Oscar darling Kate Winslet to sweep 'em....  I watched RINGER.  It was pretty predictable and while it fits nicely on the CW, I only have my ongoing-love-affair with Gossip Girl there and I'm not sure if it'll last on my DVR must-sees.  If it picks up and becomes an ensemble night time soap, it may prove to be more interesting than the pilot which seemed focused on Miss Geller.... Flashback: Everyone thinks of Oliva Newton John and goes to Grease or Physical.  But remember this gem?  A Little More Love is so sexy - and just a purely perfect pop nugget.  It hit #3 in '78 and it seems edgy for then, right?...  Polish up: I'm lovin' Pledge Multi-Surface. I use it on my leather coffee table, mirrors and even my iPad screen.  It's safe for all!  So shine on and be Just like Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment