Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oscar Watch, Kelly Watch, ABC-TV Watch

I'm on Kelly-Watch for Fall!
Two For the Oscar Watch: I love political thrillers, especially when set in a campaign. Clooney directs and stars with Ryan Gosling and even more Oscar winners. The Ides of March - day one, I'll be there.... Polanski's turning in the Tony winning play God of Carnage into Carnage with Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster & Christoph Waltz. That's a lotta Oscar statues.... The one I can't wait for: The Muppets due 11/23. Welcome back, Kermie.... New Lady Gaga video is here. Love the song, but does everything you do need to be pushing the weird envelope?  Oh well, gotta have a gimmick, I guess.... New Pia Toscano video is here. Remember her? Neither does anyone else.... Kelly Clarkson's comin back 9/5 with a new single then 10/25 with the album! Yes!...  The new Sean Hayes comedy series has been announced as a gay couple raising a 12 year old kid.  I liked it the first time, when it was called "My Two Dads."... And while I'm on the theme of TV themes, this one was just one of the best!...  Not to sound like NY Housewife, Ramona Singer, but I only drink Pinot Grigio. And I was thrilled to enjoy some top shelf PG last night. Thanks, Ran.... Hump Day Hidden Gem: Jeffrey Osborne's "Stay With Me Tonight." A classic. I was DEEP into Jeffrey; knew the album cuts.  This, along with "The Woo Woo Song" & "Love Power" with Dionne were his biggest.  Yes, "On the Wings of Love" only hit #29!?  Shocking!... Fall TV Watch: Let's look at ABC-TV. "Once Upon A Time," a fairy tale drama with Snow White et al, set in the city of Storybrooke.   If it's good, it's probably too good for network TV and will be canceled.  "The River," looks damn good, original and scary. I hope so!... "GCB" aka Good Christian Bitches (the novel's name), seems like it could be the reason why "Desperate Housewives" is leaving.  A neighborhood nighttime soap with Annie Potts & Kristin Chenoweth from the writer of Steel Magnolias and creator of Sex & the City??? Need I say more? No. So go on and be Just Like Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment