Friday, August 19, 2011

TGIF - Miranda Lambert, Scherzinger, Pond's Cream

Take a dip in the Pond's!
I was a lil late to the Miranda Lambert party. (Shame on me.)  But I've caught up this year and I'm happy that she's a country work horse!  She's created a trio, which she's a part of, called Pistol Annies.  It's as if she said, "Well, if the Dixie Chicks are on a seemingly permanent vacation, I'll swing in and steal that thunder."... A Cher & Gaga duet dropping next month, followed by a full Cher album!?  Dear Lord, I don't ask for much... ok, yes, I do, but please let this be amazing.... Nicole Scherzinger is one of the most beautiful women on earth and she can really sang.  As the Pussycat Dolls lead, she turned out a ton of great ear candy.  Her solo career? Not so much.  It's stalled more times than it's started. So I hold no hope for her album dropping soon.  I think this is a combo of an artist wanting to be something the audience doesn't want her to be, bad A&R and a team of "yes-men" around her letting her get away with it. Call me, Nicki.... Katy Perry ties Michael Jackson with 5 #1's from the same album.  Michael did it with "Bad."... Yes, after 2 months, Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger" is #3!!!  I know a damn hit when I hear one, folks!...   I'm finally seeing "The Help" this weekend.  And, no Greg, we aren't seeing "Fright Night" or "Conan the Barbarian."... Michelle Branch is back.  I wish I liked the single more....  I decided my (current) calling is to be on "Big Brother," which reminds me of a date I went on many years ago where the guy - a receptionist at a gym - told me his career plan was to be on "Amazing Race."  Haven't seen him on it yet....  I've tried 'em all.  Trust me.  So I can finally say that for the last 3 years I've been loyal to Pond's Dry Skin Cream for my face.  Yes, as we get older, we need to moisturize more, more, more. This one is the thickest that does not clog pores.... Slather it on and be Just like Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment